UNDERSTAND YOUR ROOT CHAKRA
WORDS BY NIK THAKKAR
If the current era of propelled enlightenment has taught us anything, it’s that as species, we’ve been duped for a very long time. The history of the most basic technology to optimise our bodies and human experience has been taken away from us, turned into a mystery that requires unlocking through extensive research over immense time. That said, I have been working on ways to unlock this code and find the most succinct and digestible way of sharing what I’ve learnt.
From my personal experience, these practises and thinking points have resulted in a far heightened control of my consumption habits, enhanced sexual experiences, clear skin, far optimised human body, mind and spirit, higher vibrational frequency, anxiety and stress reduction and a more positive outlook overall.
I thought we could start this journey with the root chakra. Mastering this can help us govern and work through all of our other energy centres. Our root chakra is located at the base of your spine where our sex organs are located. Energetically, it is coded by the colour red and is representative of fundamental human needs, what you consume to survive, sleep, sex, self preservation, physicality and is the energy centre that represents grounding and foundation.
“… have resulted in a far heightened control of my consumption habits, enhanced sexual experiences, clear skin, far optimised human body, mind and spirit, higher vibrational frequency, anxiety and stress reduction and a more positive outlook overall.”
Specifically for this guide, I wanted to focus on how understanding and connecting with our root chakra can enhance your sexual and overall experience as a human being. I was so grateful once I had discovered how much small daily routine exercises and focus work can help improve your spiritual connection with your root and result in more control, pleasure and ultimately the ability to manifest your reality in a way that suits the direction that you want to take your journey in.
Tantra arose as a reclamation of practices that had been excluded from mainstream yoga and Indian educational and religious institutions in part to how truly powerful its understanding is. During peak colonialism, images and records were destroyed by the West and leading practitioners were killed, which explains why the rediscovery of these core technologies has been so difficult over the years, particularly in the UK, Australia and America.
Here is my initial 10-point guide to understanding and mastering your root. I hope it helps as a start and at least inspires a more advanced journey in this space.
“Remember, your body is already healing itself, you are already a healer, being conscious of that and seeking to optimise your healing abilities can be part of your spiritual growth process.”
1. Focus mental healing energy towards your root chakra at least once a day through meditation. Remember, your body is already healing itself, you are already a healer, being conscious of that and seeking to optimise your healing abilities can be part of your spiritual growth process.
2. Pull in your stomach and contract and relax the muscles around your anus, sex organs and perineum. You can do this anywhere, at any time. It helps if you are more focussed.
3. Consume alkaline foods only to maintain a higher vibration, a more seamless contact with the universe/life force and an overall better energetic health for your physical being. Alkaline foods are primarily comprised of vegetables, lentils, fruits, water and herbal teas. Limit or ideally cease consumption of alcohol, animal products and processed food.
4. Listen to vibrational frequency of 256Hz which is the frequency associated with activating your root, sending sound therapy to the base of your spine. You can search for this frequency or “root chakra frequency” on YouTube.
5. Practise yoga exercises, particularly Kundalini which is technology focused on the energy coil at the base of your spine i.e. where you root chakra is. You can also find some guides on gaia.com and YouTube.
6. Love your root. Tend not only emotionally, but physically to your sex organs, including your anus – don’t disregard it as an exit point, embrace and love it even if you aren’t having anal intercourse. Moisturise it, groom/trim the space around it, send it love and accept it as part of you.
7. Practise walking barefoot in nature to strengthen your connection with Earth. Walking barefoot also promotes an ionic balance of electrons within cells and tissues as the ground is naturally negatively charged.
8. Burn incense or oils from cedar wood aromas, myrrh and patchouli. These can help you during meditation or yoga for raising the vibration of your root.
9. If you work with crystals or are starting to explore this space energetically, look into exercises with heliotrope, tiger eye, hematite, agate of fire and black tourmaline. You can also try inserting a smooth crystal into your anus for a few hours during meditation practise.
10. Experiment with colour therapy, red is the allocated colour for your root and can be used during meditations, day to day healing practises and even the colour underwear you choose to wear.